500 (post-Moon Lord)
|Max Life|| 250|
5000 (post-Moon Lord)
50 (post-Moon Lord)
The Mutant is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following conditions are met:
- There is an empty house.
- Any boss has been defeated.
When threatened by enemies, he will defend himself depending on the world's progress:
- If the world is in Pre-Hardmode, he will throw an eyeball.
- If the world is in Hardmode, he will throw a mechanical eyeball.
- If Moon Lord has been defeated, he will throw a phantasmal eyeball.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
See Mutant Sold items.
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
Hardmode[edit | edit source]
Post-Moon Lord[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Mutant is very useful for farming boss drops, as you can buy most boss summon items once you've defeated that boss at least once.
Names[edit | edit source]
The Mutant can have the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Savagery, barbarism, bloodthirst, that's what I like seeing in people."
- "The stronger you get, the more stuff I sell. Makes sense, right?"
- "There's something all of you have that I don't... Death perception, I think it's called?"
- "It would be pretty cool if I could sell a summon for myself..."
- "The only way to get stronger is to keep buying from me and in bulk too!"
- "What's that? You want to fight me? ...you're not worthy."
- "Don't bother with anyone else, all you'll ever need is right here."
- "You're lucky I'm on your side."
- "Thanks for the house, I guess."
- "Why yes I would love a ham and swiss sandwich."
- "Should I start wearing clothes? ...Nah."
- "It's not like I can actually use all the gold you're spending."
- "Violence for violence is the law of the beast."
- "Those guys really need to get more creative. All their first bosses are desert themed!"
- "I am proud to be known as the Mutant, but thank Fargo I'm no Abomination" [Sic]
- "Cthulhu's got nothing on me!"
When Nurse is present:
- "Whenever we're alone, [Name of Nurse] keeps throwing syringes at me, no matter how many times I tell her to stop!"
When Witch Doctor is present:
- "Please go tell [Name of Witch Doctor] to drop the 'mystical' shtick, I mean, come on! I get it, you make tainted water or something."
During a Blood Moon:
- "Lovely night, isn't it?"
- "I hope the constant arguing I'm hearing isn't my fault."
During the Night:
- "I'd follow and help, but I'd much rather sit around right now."
During a Party:
- "I don't know what everyone's so happy about, but as long as nobody mistakes me for a Pigronata, I'm happy too."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The names "Fargo" and "Wilta" are a reference to the mod creator, Fargowilta.
- The names "Flacken" and "Dorf" are a reference to Flacken Dorf, a character from a story written by Fargowilta.
- "Polly" is a name commonly used for parrots, tracing back to the Ben Jonson's comedy Volpone.
History[edit | edit source]
- 0.0.1.0: Introduced.